Options

Follow Me on Pinterest

JUST A PINCH

JUST A PINCH
You can find some of my favorite receipes here!! (Be patient, just getting started)

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Do you know the "muffin pan"?

7-29-2012

So...almost through another weekend.  Another successful weekend on the healthy trend!!  It was a busy Sunday morning in the kitchen.  I promised myself I would try to cook at least 3 new things a week to see if I can work some healthier choices.  Of course, I know that even for most healthy choices PORTIONS are also something you need to keep in check.

Well, I decided to try some new things to help with that side of it as well.  Developing new habits and new ideas I think is the only thing that has gotten me this far over the last couple of weeks.  Yes, I have stumbled, but I find myself today excited about what's next.

So...one of my tricks of late has been to still cook some of the things I like but to control my portions.  I've accomplished this by making individual servings so I keep things to a minimum.  I can still cook some of my favorites but keep the portion sizes smaller.  Today I tried a recipe combining a few of all my new ideas. 

This recipe has been lightened up a bit on the ingredient side as well as the portion size. Who doesn't love a good lasagna now and again?? Try this idea the next time you get hungry for this pasta treat.

Spinach Lasagna Cups





These turned out great with different textures and flavors.  And of course, there are endless combinations on ingredients.  I know I plan on trying several others of my own.  You can get this recipe if you are following me over at www.justapinch.com .  Find this particular recipe at http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pasta/spinach-lasagna-cups.html or click on the link on my blog home page. "Live, Laugh, Love, Cook"

I hope you will try it and enjoy!!!  I hope to have more recipes to share soon on this
CUPCAKE CRUSADE!!!


Breakfast Tip for the week.
******Just another side tip when wanting a quick and easy breakfast.  Spray your cupcake tin with cooking spray.  Crack an egg in each one and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 mins. (This will depend on how you like your eggs.) You'll have eggs for the week that you can just pop in the microwave for a few seconds and eat with a slice of toast or even make a quick breakfast sandwhich.








No comments:

Post a Comment